HandsOn :: Serious Games For Social Change - London Event
Serious Games challenging us to play a better future
HandsOn :: Games and Interactives for Social Change Event
HandsOn Games and Interactive Digital for Social Change is focused on bringing together best of practice developments, developers, innovators, and commissioners creating digital means to highlight important issues and aid social change.
Hosted by PlayGen, the upcoming event will be held on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 from 12:30 PM - 06:00 PM , in London, at the Shoreditch Building - 35 Kingsland Road ( nearest tubes Old Street and Liverpool Street).
The aims of the day are to:
- Experience and experiment with games and interactive digital creations developed for social change and to highlight important issues.
- Learn and share ideas and designs from practitioners’ experience of creating and disseminating games for social change – focus on the opportunities to play with the end results.
- Build a collective view of the state of the field – do we have agreed parameters, how are we learning and adapting to the changing landscape of digital training?
- Debate important drivers shaping this field – new technologies, an increasingly growing sector, changing appetites among service users and innovators.
- Identify the priorities for further events, strengthen your networks and negotiate the collaborations that will help the field shift gear. The workshop is participatory.
Games and Interactives on show :
- DeadEnds by RollingSounds (about issues around knife crime in the UK)
- FloodSim by PlayGen (about issues around flooding in the UK)
- Climate Challenge by Red Redemption (about issues around climate change)
- GameLab (more details coming soon)
- Darfur is Dying by Susana Ruiz
- PeaceMaker by Impact Games
- Disaffected by Persuasive Games