MSU Serious Games Conference: Meaningful Play 2008
Designing and studying games that matter
Michigan State University announced the upcoming Meaningful Play 2008 conference to take place October 9-11, 2008 on the campus of Michigan State University.
Meaningful Play 2008 is an interdisciplinary academic conference that explores the potential of games to entertain, inform, educate, and persuade.
The conference includes thought-provoking keynotes from leaders in academia and industry, peer-reviewed paper presentations, panel sessions (including academic and industry discussions), innovative workshops, roundtable discussions, and exhibitions of games.
Call for Submissions
Submissions are sought from both researchers and practitioners in academia and industry. Graduate and advanced undergraduate students are also encouraged to submit games and prototypes, paper, panel, workshop, or roundtable proposals either jointly with an academic/member of industry or alone.
- Paper Sessions
- Poster Sessions
- Panel Sessions
- Roundtable Discussions
- Individual Speakers
- Games and Prototypes
Important Submission Dates
- July 1, 2008 - Paper submissions due
- August 8, 2008 - Notification of acceptance
- September 9, 2008 - Revised abstracts and extended abstracts due for inclusion in conference proceedings
- October 9, 2008 - Conference begins
- October 11, 2008 - Conference concludes
- November 1, 2008 - Top paper authors must submit revised manuscript for possible publication in the International Journal of Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations (IJGCMS)
- May 1, 2009 - Journal distribution date